The mission of the City of La Center Engineering Services is to provide information, recommendations, and services to construct, preserve and improve the City’s infrastructure.
This includes the City transportation, wastewater, parks, and stormwater systems. We regularly monitor and analyze the condition of the City’s infrastructure and develop capital facility plans for areas in need of repair and/or upgrades.
We set and enforce the standards of design and construction that govern the way our street and utility systems are built and maintained. We strive to provide:
- Safe and efficient street systems
- Accessible sidewalks and trails
- Dependable stormwater treatment and detention facilities
- Reliable Wastewater Treatment and Collection Systems
- Long Term Capital Facility Planning
- Professional plan reviews and inspections of private developments
- Traffic engineering and transportation planning
- Superior Park Improvements
- Design, construction, and project administration of City of La Center Capital Projects
The City is committed to providing the public with quality infrastructure through cost-effective and professional engineering services. Our objective is always to serve the interests of the City at large, but the improvements we build can have a temporary adverse effect on people while the construction is in progress. In these cases, we always strive to minimize and mitigate our construction impacts.
- Shared Use Path Design on Pacific Highway
- Community Center Kitchen Remodel and Parking Lot Repairs
- Breeze Creek Culvert and 4th Street Widening Design Project
- City Wide Safety Plan – Horizontal Curve Sign and Roadway Departure Project
- 2020 – Stonecreek Drive Reconstruction
- 2022 – La Center Road Paving Project
- 2022 – Guardrail Project
Contact Our Team
Assistant Public Works Director, City Engineer, P.E., Tony Cooper