Community Development Planning
The planning services team is responsible for both current and long term planning of the community to ensure and support responsible and coordinated growth.
The Consulting Planner
- Assists the community in developing and refining a comprehensive vision for long-term livability. The planner manages periodic updates of the resulting Comprehensive Plan to ensure compliance to Washington State’s Growth Management Act (GMA).
- Assists community leaders in implementing the Comprehensive Plan through periodic updates of development regulations found in the La Center Municipal Code.
- Coordinates land use and planning activities with other local, state and federal agencies.
- Interprets and applies development regulations to smaller land use applications.
- Coordinates public hearings for larger applications and serves as the city’s advocate before a hearing examiner.
- Serves as lead staff to the City Council and Planning Commission on matters related to land use and development.
- La Center Municipal Code
- 2016-2035 Comprehensive Plan
- SMP Shoreline Master Program
- 2016-2036 Transportation Capital Facilities Plan
- 2019 Capital Facilities Plan
- Parks Master Plan
- Six Year Capital Improvement Plan for Parks & Trails
- I-5 Junction Subarea Plan
- La Center I-5 Junction Sewer Study
- 2005 Downtown Design and Guidelines
- Current Fees
Tell Me About
Civic Web Portal
Connect with the city for information and events, City Council meetings, voting, audio archives and more.
Subscribe to Meeting Updates
Stay informed about community meetings and updates from the City.
Community Events Calendar
View the community events calendar and get involved.