Police Department FAQ

La Center Police

Below are frequently asked questions. Click on a question for an answer. If you don’t find what you are looking for, please call or email us.

Clark County Sheriff’s Office processes all La Center Police Records Request for Crime Reports and Traffic Accidents. Records should be requested by following the link to the Clark County Public Records Disclosure Unit.


The La Center Police Department’s primary jurisdiction covers the city limits of La Center.  However, the LCPD may response to emergency calls for service based on the circumstances of the call outside its jurisdiction.

If you need a police officer to assist you, please contact Clark County Emergency Service Agency (CRESA).  You may dial 911 for an emergency and 311 for a non-emergency.   IF you have a mental health emergency you may dial 988.

There is a leash law under La Center Municipal Code Laws regarding animals can be found in the La Center Municipal code under Title 6.

La Center does have an ordinance addressing loud noises (Nuisances affecting peace and safety). These noises are described as excessive and are in violation of La Center Municipal Code 8.55.050(2).

The La Center Police Department does not issue concealed weapons permits. Contact the Clark County Sheriff’s Office for any inquiries at 360-397-2211.

The La Center Police Department offers fingerprinting services by appointment only. We schedule appointments Tuesdays between 2:00 pm and 4:30 pm and Thursdays between 9:00 am and 11:30 am. You must call in advance to schedule an appointment. You must bring photo ID and if you were not born in the United States, you must bring your citizenship papers, green card, etc.

There are several services available that will help you unlock your vehicle such as tow companies, locksmiths, etc. However, in the event of an emergency such as a child being locked inside of a car, we will unlock any vehicle.

Tickets are paid at the appropriate Court, either Battle Ground Municipal Court or Clark County District Court in Vancouver. This information is provided on the citation you have received. Call the Court listed on your copy for inquiries.

The La Center Police Department only assists with court ordered stand-bys within the city limits of La Center. Call 311 to request civil stand-by.

To find out if someone is in jail, contact the Clark County Jail at 360-397-2211 or go to the Clark County Sheriff’s Department website and look up the jail roster.

Call our Department during business hours to inquire about your property. If your case is still active, your property may have to be held until the trial has ended.

If your vehicle has been impounded, you must contact the tow company to find out what is needed to get your vehicle out of impound. If your vehicle was towed in our jurisdiction by us, then you may call to find out which tow company has your vehicle but you will still have to call the tow company to find out how to get your vehicle out of impound..

All dogs 6 months and older must be licensed if you live in the La Center City limits. Animal licenses are up for renewal on an annual basis. Dog licenses must be renewed annually by the end of January for the new calendar year or within 30 days of the expiration of the current license. Call La Center City Hall at 360-263-2782 for current licensing fees and information.

Yes, there is a junk ordinance in the City of La Center. It falls under LCMC Chapter 8.15. Please call if you have any questions.


Civic Web Portal
Connect with the city for information and events, City Council meetings, voting, audio archives and more.

Subscribe to Meeting Updates
Stay informed about community meetings and updates from the City.

Community Events Calendar
View the community events calendar and get involved.

Pay Your Sewer Bill Online